Free Hit Counter

Monday, July 12, 2010

New Camera OTW

So, unfortunately, the iphone camera quality doesn't do the decent cakes justice, but rather they blend in with the not-so-decent cakes.  Too bad I waited so long to purchase a new camera in hopes that my nice Sony that simply got a little damp in HHI last July was going to magically work again.  A year later, and I've given in.  I did buy a new one this past weekend, so I guess the poor quality will rest upon the shoulder's of the baker from here on out.

3 comments:

  1. Didn't know about your baking blog until now...glad I found it! You are doing a wonderful job and can't wait to see more!

    I have a friend in BG that does lots of really creative/artistic cakes that you may be interested in looking at for ideas sometime. Maybe you've heard of her already - her website is
    www.atasteofwhimsy.com
    Her work is amazing and so much fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some of your flip flop cake. It was really good. The cupcakes were really good too. Do you make them to sell??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesley,
    I have visited "a taste of whimsy" several times. She does a great job. I had actually heard she got more business that what she could handle and isn't doing the cakes anymore. Is that true? She's an amazing artist.

    Hi April,
    I'm so happy you were able to enjoy the flip flops and umbrella cupcakes. I am taking orders. The obstacle is living in Nashville and taking orders in KY, but I visit very often, so it's an easy obstacle to overcome. Let me know if you need some icing on a cake! :)

    ReplyDelete